Saturday, February 4, 2012

Deviled Eggs



I’ve never had a recipe written down. I usually just add the ingredients bit by bit until it tastes right.
  • 12 eggs, hard cooked and peeled
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon yellow or Dijon mustard (or more depending on your taste)
  • 1 tablespoon relish (my fiancé prefers sweet relish, I prefer regular)
  • pinch of salt
  • fresh ground black pepper (optional)
  • paprika (optional)
After boiling, cooling, peeling, cut eggs in half (the long way helps them stand versus rolling around).  Remove yolks and put in a small mixing bowl.  Arrange egg whites cut side up on a serving plate (I have a cute little egg tray that I adore, you can get one for $7 at crate and barrel). Mash yolks with fork then stir in mayonnaise, mustard, and relish. Mash and stir all ingredients together well. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Spoon a little bit of the mixture into each egg white half, dividing mixture as evenly as possible between the eggs.  Sprinkle eggs with paprika if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.

Yield: 24 deviled eggs


2 comments:

  1. I love deviled eggs sooooooooooooooooooo much!!! Yummy in my tummy ;o) Great to see you Misty ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *giggles* I can't ship them to canada but I'll think of you!! ;)

    ReplyDelete