The cucumber/tomato/feta salad was SO good.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- Feta Cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Since this was in the middle of a hot summer I wanted to avoid using the oven. I had 3 crockpots going, one with butternut squash. All you gotta do is wash it and put it in the crockpot for a few hours. Yum!
The hubby takes his grilling very seriously!
1 qt apple cider
2 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup table salt
10 turns ground black pepper
10 turns ground white pepperCombine ingredients in a bag. Put ribs in bag and make sure the are coated with brine. Refrigerate overnight.
Sweet and Sour Chicken in the Crockpot
(sorry no picture yet)
- 1 can (15-20 ounces) of pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 cup cut carrots (I use baby carrots cut in half)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 green bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Rice or chow mein noodles
1. Put carrots, onion and garlic in bottom of slow cooker. Top with chicken.
2. Mix soy sauce, brown sugar and juice from pineapple can (reserving fruit for later) on top of chicken.
3. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours.
4. During last 30 minutes, add pineapple and bell peppers. During last 10 minutes, mix cornstarch and water and stir into slow cooker. Serve over rice.
If you want the cheesecake recipe, you can find it HERE