I got this recipe from Oprah's magazine and you can find it online HERE
Inspired by English food writer Nigella Lawson's chicken Vesuvio, chef Art Smith created his own variation, throwing spicy chorizo and green beans into the mix along with white wine and broth for a juicier bird.
Roast Chicken with Green Beans and Artichokes
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh pork chorizo or chicken sausage
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 lemon, sliced into 1/4-thick rounds
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
DirectionsActive time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Preheat oven to 400°. Season chicken with oregano, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper (if using). Place chicken, scallions, and garlic in a large roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil.
Roast until chicken starts to brown, about 30 minutes. Add wine, chicken broth, and sausage to the pan and roast an additional 10 minutes. Flip sausages and add green beans, artichoke hearts, and lemon slices, making sure vegetables are partly submerged.
Cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley and serve.