- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 small Green Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 teaspoon each Chili Powder, Cumin, Oregano and Pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 cans (14 oz.) diced or Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz.) Tomato Sauce
In a large pot, cook the pasta until al dente.
(I didn't have bell pepper on hand so I chopped up some peperoncini's, which my family is VERY fond of).
Add the canned tomatoes with their juices and the tomato sauce. Simmer for about 20 minutes (or longer) so all the flavors melt together.
Garnish big bowlfuls with shredded cheese and chopped scallions (sorry no picture with scallions). We used sharp cheddar.
Note: Dish is even better the following day, when the ingredients have had time to mesh together.